Epson TM-C7500/C7500G: Maintenance Box Replacement
In this blog, we will walk through the proper method of replacing the maintenance box on the Epson TM-C7500 and TM-C7500G inkjet color label printers. All you will need is a new SJMB7500 maintenance box, which you can order from our store.
The printers have the ability to read the current status of the installed box, so you don’t have to worry about keeping a schedule for maintenance. When the box is going to need to be replaced soon, the printer will display an ‘!’ over the M/B label of the interface. This simply means that the box will be full soon, and if you don’t have one ready, you should order it now.
Once the printer displays an ‘X’, as seen in the image below, it is time to replace the maintenance box.
- In order to find the maintenance box cover panel, look at the side of the printer where you would typically load the labels. Next to the label door, along the bottom of the printer and towards the front, there will be a small panel with a protruding tab.
- Gently pull this tab out, the door should pop open, revealing the maintenance box.
- There is a black tab on the revealed side of the maintenance box, pulling this should allow you to slide it out of the printer.
- Open the new maintenance box, inside the packaging there should be a plastic bag. Place the old box inside the plastic bag to avoid accidental ink splatter, and throw it in the trash.
- Remove the rest of the packaging from the fresh maintenance box if you haven’t done so already. Do NOT remove the foil from the box, it is a part of the assembly that keeps the spent ink contained.
- Slide the new box into the printer. Make sure that the plastic tab (that you used to pull the old box out) is facing towards the outside of the printer, and the foil is pointing up, towards the ceiling.
- The printer will undergo a brief maintenance period to read and prepare the new maintenance box. Once this is completed, you’re ready to print!
Don’t forget- If you need a new maintenance box, and need it fast, we have them ready and in stock. Order yours today from our shop!
About Integrated Productivity Systems LLC (IPSi): IPSi specializes in optimizing mission-critical business processes around enterprise label printing and barcoding data collection in manufacturing and distribution companies. Our areas of expertise include fixing inefficient workflows in product and shipping label generation, mobile barcode data collection, inventory and warehouse management, automated label application, and automated bagging and labeling of finished goods. By helping companies streamline and re-engineer mission-critical workflows, our customers are able to reduce costs, eliminate errors, and sustain flexible and scalable operations. We are passionate about helping our customers leverage technology to develop simple, cost-effective systems that ensure their operations run efficiently all day, every day. IPSi's Website