Epson TM-C7500/C7500G: Internal Media Replacement
When you can print at nearly 12 inches per second, you’re going to have to know how to replace a roll of labels.
That’s why today’s blog is going to demonstrate the proper method of replacing the internal media on an Epson TM-C7500 or Epson TM-C7500G inkjet color label printer. The C7500 printers have the ability to print at this crazy speed due to fixed print head technology, whereas most other inkjet printers feature a travelling print head.
The internal core holder on the printer is made for a roll with a 3″ internal diameter, and a maximum of 8″ outer diameter. Once you’ve got your fresh roll of labels handy, we can begin.
- Make sure that the printer power is turned on.
- Start by opening the top and side covers of the printer.
- If there are no labels remaining from the old core, you can skip the next three steps. Otherwise (if the printer did not pull the remaining labels through)…
- Press and hold the back-feed button on the printer interface until the paper is released from the printing position.
- Pinch the two blue tabs on the internal media shield, and pull it off the label core holder.
- Raise the two upper media guides until they remain fixed in the open position.
- Pull the used core off of the internal core holder and dispose (or, recycle it for rewinding your next set of labels).
From here, all you need to do is replace the internal media shield, and close the side and top covers. Don’t forget to unpause your device to resume printing!About Integrated Productivity Systems LLC (IPSi): IPSi specializes in optimizing mission-critical business processes around enterprise label printing and barcoding data collection in manufacturing and distribution companies. Our areas of expertise include fixing inefficient workflows in product and shipping label generation, mobile barcode data collection, inventory and warehouse management, automated label application, and automated bagging and labeling of finished goods. By helping companies streamline and re-engineer mission-critical workflows, our customers are able to reduce costs, eliminate errors, and sustain flexible and scalable operations. We are passionate about helping our customers leverage technology to develop simple, cost-effective systems that ensure their operations run efficiently all day, every day. IPSi's Website